Saturday 16 October 2010

Get the kids scrapping ....

I'm having a lovely time at school on Wednesday afternoons scrapping with a number of Year 5, 6 and 7 students during 'Options' time. I feel really lucky to be able to spend this value-time with the students, it really is a great opportunity to see each other on a different level than the normal teacher/student dichotomy. The kids are constantly surprising me with their creativity, though a number still need to learn that there is such a thing as too much on a scrap page.
One student came to me today, Friday, feeling a bit blue and wanted to know if she could spend some time scrapbooking because 'it makes her feel better'. Of course I willingly grabbed my stash and sat her down at a table and let her create to her hearts content. Would you believe she whipped up 4 pages in about 2 hours!! And she was smiling while she was doing them.
I just love the way that our creativity works. It's like our own anti-depressant sometimes.
I'll post some pics of the kids layouts as soon as I can,
cheers

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin