Saturday 16 July 2011

Out with the old .....

I waved goodbye to many parts of my past today - I finally had the garage sale that I've been saying I'm going to have for the past 5 years! Mind you, our garage is still so full of crates of books, material, scrapbooking stuff, etc that my car won't fit in ! But I did manage to get rid of some of my stash. I honestly didn't realise that I was 'that' into patchwork and quilting, but looking at the books and magazines that I have been carrying around with me for about 10 years now, I was obviously addicted! Not to mention all the children's books, educational books, ex-withdrawn library books, St Vinnie books ..... the list goes on!
The aim of the sale was just to get the stuff out of the house and not really about making money at all, but we did make nearly $70 - and considering we only decided on Thursday that we were going ahead with it, it was pretty easy money.
And I got to chat with some lovely people too. One lady and I even swapped phone numbers and are going to get together soon so she can go through the stuff I didn't have time to organise!
As well as all the craft paraphernalia - I also found new homes for a lot of the 'old' stuff from mum and dad's place that I had inherited. Don't get me wrong, I loved the old toaster, jug, iron and even the potty ... but it was time to let them go. I am over my 'vintage' stage - at least in collecting bits and pieces to place around the house that is. Time for a fresh start I think.

Who knows what is instore ......

2 comments:

ddazzled71 said...

I have been talking about having a garage sale, much to my hubbies disgust for a few years now too......I have recently ended up giving a lot of it to the Salvos as we have just moved and I couldn't bare the thought of moving it all too and the timing for a garage sale was just all wrong. At least now you have a bit of pocket money to spend on your crafting....lol

Blogger said...

Just received a payment for $500.

Many times people don't believe me when I tell them about how much you can get by taking paid surveys online...

So I took a video of myself getting paid $500 for doing paid surveys.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin