Sunday 4 September 2011

Let's Just Jump Ahead to September,,,,


OK, I admit that I haven't been around here much lately, but I still manage to spend hours on my laptop everyday of the week! Whether I am digi scrapping (usually for my CT position over at Jen's Word Art World blog) or learning more about PhotoShop, or just randomly Stumbling on the wealth of creative randomness on this big wide web, I always find something to do that gets in the way of blogging.
I've been creating a lot of hybrid items lately. I found I was missing the 'tactile' joy of holding my creations in my hand. I found that I could use the wonderful digi art and wordart from Jen's blog, as well as the many other sites were digi is available, and print them out to use on my cards.

Here is one I created with Jen's August 'Roughin' It' pack (available at her Word Art World store at Gotta Pixel.
Isn't that squirrel so cute? I created a little 'mini layout' in PhotoShop Elements using the squirrel, part of the tree and some blue digi-paper for the background. I added a border and then flattened the image. I then simply added the image to a Word document and printed it out onto some white cardstock. I had some scrap paper and ribbons that matched perfectly.

Here is another from Jens 'Roughin It' kit:

Once again I created mini layout to print and add to my card. This time I used the log cabin and tree elements, as well as the green and blue digi-papers. I even printed out a small strip of Jens stripped digi paper from the kit to coordinate. To give the card added depth I printed the little red bird out separately and attached him with sticky foam to make him pop. Ribbons and punched music notes finished the card of beautifully.

More of my hybrid creations tomorrow :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin