Saturday 4 February 2012

A Sideways Glance...

I am reading a book at the moment entitled The Art of Looking Sideways by Alan Fletcher which is an amazing visual feast. The author himself introduces it as "a primer in visual intelligence, an exploration of the working of the eye, the hand, the brain and the imagination" ... and what an exploration it is!!!
Touching on such topics as colour, illusion, words creativity, value, imagination, paradox and so much more!!
I have so many bright pink Post-it notes flagging pages that contain verbal and visual gems that I hope to gradually share on here, and I am not even a quarter way through this massive book! Did I mention that it sits about 6cm thick! Over 1000 pages! Certainly not a light read, but so captivatingly interesting!!

Here is the first gem I uncovered:


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin